Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions | Code Camp
Code Camp is created with the aim of giving children the chance to learn to code. The purpose of Code Camp is to facilitate a network of School and Volunteer, provide access to Code Camp materials (“Materials”) and attempt to establish standards in relation to the provision of educational coding sessions. CODE CAMP: It means CODE CAMP EDUCATON FOUNDATION (CIN : U74999GJ2017NPL097762) a company incorporated under section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013 with its registered address at B 201 , Atlantia Garden, MotaMowa, Kalawad Road, Rajkot 360001.Host School: Host school means a school/organisation/classes agreeing to the terms and conditions below and provide children educational facilities on basis of material provided by Code Camp.Volunteer: Volunteer means the person actually educating the children on the basis of material provided by Code Camp whether appointed by Host school in consultation with Code Camp or appointed by Code Camp directly. Code Camp student: It means a child taking education on the basis of material provided by the Code camp whether through host school or through volunteer.Terms and conditions:The terms below are mandatory requirements governing access to Code Camp’s network and the Materials. However, nothing in them is intended to create an employment, agency or franchise arrangement between you and Code Camp. These Terms set out the basis on which you agree to set up and supervise educational sessions for children in relation to computer coding. Such educational sessions will in all cases be delivered by a School or Volunteer.
- Your Host School role
EverySchool / Volunteer to set up and supervise not for profit free of charge educational sessions for children in relation to computer coding, such sessions to be delivered by Volunteers. However Host school shall reimburse the cost to volunteer such as transportation cost, stay cost, lunch dinner cost as mutually agreed between host school and volunteer. This expense school not be born by Code Camp in any case. If furtherance if a volunteer is provided by Code Camp on request of Host school the same will be born by Code camp and not by the school.
You undertake that you will:
- Comply with these Host School Terms (as amended from time to time).
- Please note that Code Camp may advise you of any changes to these Host School Terms by email but, in any event, it is your responsibility to review the Host School Terms to ensure your on going compliance with such terms.
- Perform such duties as are assigned to you within the scope of what you have volunteered to do; and comply with all reasonable directions given by the establishment at which you host Code Camp.
You are not entitled to a salary, gratuity, expenses or other payment in cash or kind under these Host School Terms.
- You confirm that you have the appropriate authorisation of the establishment at which you will host code camp to set up and supervise educational sessions at that establishment.
- You agree that you/another suitable individual will accompany the Volunteer(s) at the establishment at all times.
- You are responsible for ensuring that children attending all educational sessions supervised by you are doing so with appropriate parental or guardian consent.
- You have to maintain a form (along with supporting data) duly filled in and signed by parent or guardian providing data such as full name of Child, parents/guardian, contact address/es, phone/mobile number, etc. These are to be submitted to code camp as and when asked.
- You acknowledge that the activities undertaken by you may be a regulated activity under the -“safeguarding of children in adherence of applicable laws in India. You represent and warrant that you:
- Are not barred from working with children.
- Have never been convicted in any jurisdiction of any offence of violence or sexual.
- Impropriety against any person, or any offence whatsoever against a child or vulnerable person; and you are not currently under investigation in respect of any matter falling within and you are not aware of any circumstances that could result in
- Your being investigated, cautioned or arrested in respect of such matter.
You will not commence any other establishment at which you host a code camp without prior approval of code camp and If we came to know that you are using code camp material without any authorisation we will enforce you to immediately cease using the Materials, supervising educational sessions and undertaking any other volunteer activities whatsoever.
If a complaint is made about you by a child, parent or guardian in relation to any concerns about your / school behaviour, you must immediately inform each and every establishment at which you host Code Camp.You need to explain the cause of complain within 7 days, if you fails to do so You should cease hosting code camp until the matter has been resolved to the satisfaction of the relevant establishment and Code Camp.
If at any time Code Camp becomes aware of any information or circumstances which give rise to reasonable concerns regarding your fitness and propriety to volunteer, it may (without prior notification to you) notify such persons and organisations as it considers necessary, including but not limited to establishments at which you provide educational sessions and appropriate educational and law enforcement bodies. You confirm that you have read Code Camp’s guidelines “Working Safely with Children”.
Code Camp will deal with any complaints relating to safeguarding issues in accordance with its “Safeguarding Reporting Procedure” .
The following terms are applicable to both Host Schools and Volunteers.
You are not an agent or representative of Code Camp in any way nor do you have any authority or right to assume any obligation of any kind express or implied on Code Camp’s behalf or to bind or commit Code Camp in any way.
Website and Materials
In order to provide and/or supervise educational sessions you are permitted to download and use the Materials.
You agree to use the Materials in accordance with Code Camp’s terms and conditions governing the use of the Materials which can be provided by Code Camp.
By permitting you to download the Materials Code Camp is not representing or warranting that you are suitable, or permitted by law, to volunteer to provide and/or supervise those educational sessions.
You must not promote your own personal business or commercial concerns through or in connection with any supervised educational session.
Health and safety
You agree to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions whilst volunteering.
In the course of volunteering, you may have access to confidential information relating to Code Camp. We expect you not to use or disclose this information to any person either whilst you are a volunteer or at any time afterwards. You will not at any time make any statement on behalf of Code Camp to the press or other form of public media, except with Code Camp’s written consent.
- Process the data which it collects from and about you for the purpose of processing your Code Camp profile and ensuring that it is accurate and up to date, and in order to improve the Materials and/or the services which it provides.
- Disclose selected data to other users of the website, to enable them to search for,identify and contact volunteers and host school.
- disclose selected data to
- Host Schools (in the case of Volunteers) and establishments at which code camp are/may be held, to enable them to verify and assess your suitability for volunteering. and
- The DBS and/or any educational institution, law enforcement agency or regulatory or statutory body as it considers necessary in its sole and absolute discretion.
Code Camp reserves the right (at any time, with or without prior notice and without giving any reason for doing so) to decline to accept and/or to terminate your services as a volunteer/school.
In the event of termination, you will immediately cease both using the Materials and undertaking any volunteer activities whatsoever.
You hereby indemnify Code Camp against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Code Camp arising out of or in connection with:
- Any breach by you of these Terms or any negligent performance or non-performance of these Terms by you; and
- Any damage caused to Code Camp as a result of you committing any criminal offence, gross misconduct, fraud, negligence or any behaviour which is detrimental to the name, image, standing or reputation of Code Camp.
Limitation of liability
The provision of supervised educational sessions is not promoted or underwritten by, or done in partnership with, Code Camp. It is the responsibility of Host Schools and Volunteers.
To set up and make arrangements for and in relation to the provision of supervised educational sessions. For the avoidance of any doubt, the role of Code Camp is only to provide access to the Materials and facilitate to Host Schools and Volunteers.
In no event shall Code Camp, its shareholders, directors, officers, employees or agents be liable (jointly or severally) to you for loss of use or any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the Materials or these Terms. In no event shall Code Camp, its shareholders, directors, officers, employees or agents be liable (jointly or severally) for death or personal injury caused by host school/ volunteer negligence, or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Code Camp may at any time, at its absolute discretion, vary these Terms. Code Camp will provide notification of any such variation on its website at website link. By continuing to use the Materials or volunteer after such variation, you agree to be bound by such changes. You can review the current version of these Terms at any time by clicking on the “web site Terms and Conditions” link on Code Camp’s website.
These Terms are agreed between you and Code Camp. No other party shall have any rights under or in connection with these Terms.
These Terms, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation or the Materials (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Arbitration process by appointing an arbitrator mutually or if arbitrator not mutually agreed on three names by the arbitrator appointed by code camp.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter. No failure or delay by Code Camp to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or
partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
Acceptance of Terms
You hereby accept and agree to be bound by these Terms. By using or downloading the Materials and/or providing or supervising educational sessions you reaffirm your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by these Terms.